Darmstadt University of Technology professor Peter Buxmann and ManageEngine director of AI research Ramprakash Ramamoorthy discuss the emerging AI landscape. Among other topics, Peter and Ram address technological job displacement, LLMs, copyright issues, and new AI legislation across the globe.
Dr. Peter Buxmann is Full Professor and head of the Software & Digital Business Group at Darmstadt University of Technology, international speaker, senior advisor, and podcast host for the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. He is also a member of numerous supervisory and management bodies, including the advisory board of the Weizenbaum Institute for the Networked Society in Berlin, and the supervisory board of Eckelmann AG, Wiesbaden. His research focuses on applications and impacts of artificial intelligence, the digitalization of business and society, and the future of digital work.
- Artificial general intelligence (AGI)
- Potential positive effects of AI
- Potential negative effects of AI
- Open-source large language models (LLMs)
- Technological job displacement
- Synthetic media
- New AI legislation
- LLMs and copyright concerns
- Tech CEO involvement in AI policy
- Diving deeper into open-source LLMs
- Last thoughts