In addition to the EU’s GDPR, several other data privacy laws are being enforced across the globe. Between these stringent, potentially punitive laws and an increase in remote work due to COVID, there’s never been a better time to strengthen your organization’s data management processes.
Andrew David Bhagyam, head of privacy operations & management at Zoho, discusses best practices for compliance with these data privacy laws, as well as privacy by design, and various ways to effectively train your employees. According to Bhagyam, thinking about privacy issues should be second nature—not just for CISOs and DPOs, but for everyone in the organization.
- Conducting information security and privacy training initiatives
- The importance of privacy by design
- Handling subject access requests
- Incorporating data protection scores
- The potential impact of CCPA, LGPD, and New York’s SHIELD Act